We hear it a lot these days - "go green"! And with
good reason. Our earth is precious and we need to take care
of it and all its resources. There are dozens of ways we can
all help to protect and preserve our world for generations to come.
Here are a few thoughts from our master plumbers and septic experts
By choosing better options to benefit our environment, we're all doing our part
to preserve the earth. Please call the pros if you'd like our help with
making green choices in your home or business. We're ready when you are!
- Choose your plumbing parts wisely. Today's market
includes a variety of affordable plumbing fixtures that can
save water and energy.
- Low flush toilets that use less water with each use.
- Water saver shower heads that save water and energy needed
to heat the water.
- When making replacements or repairs, be sure old parts
are disposed of properly.
- When deciding how to heat your home, choose
high efficiency units powered by natural gas, solar or
- Natural gas burns cleaner than oil heat with lower
emissions and higher efficiency ratings. You
can heat your home for less money while helping reduce air
- Use programmable thermostats that will regulate your
heat usage and save energy. Ready-Rooter will
properly dispose of old mercury thermostats for you.
- Choose a high efficency water
- Steer away from drain cleaning products that are harmful to our groundwater. Stick with
environmentally friendly options that do the job without the risk.
- Maintain your septic system to avoid contamination
of our ground water.
- Have your septic tank pumped and cleaned every two years to avoid
- Get a copy of your septic system's drawing. A copy should be
on file at your town hall. The drawing will tell you how many
septic tanks you have and where your drain field lines are located. So
when it's time to maintain your system, you'll be sure of what needs
to be emptied and that it's checked for good function.